My photo
For the last several years my sculptural work has become largely kinetic and interactive. It is often witty, profound and provocative. Much of it seems to exist in the realm of the unlikely. These days, my mind is in a whirl, trying to understand how to make very complicated things appear to be smooth, slow and coordinated.

Friday, January 10, 2014


I am pleased to announce that my work will be in three different shows over the next four months!

The first is a solo exhibition at the University of New Hampshire titled ‘Songs into the Air’ at the Paul Creative Arts Center from January 24 – March 30.  The reception for the show will be Friday, January 24, 6 - 8 pm.  I hope to see many of you there!





The second exhibition is at the Fuller Craft Museum in Brockton, MA is titled ‘Machines and Mechanizations: Explorations in Contemporary Kinetic Sculpture’. February 2 to June 1.  I will be speaking February 9 at 1 pm at the gallery.


'Babel' : This work examines failures in communication.  It is interactive so that when you approach it many conversation fragments issue forth so as to become almost entirely incomprehensible. 



The Shop: where the wheels turn . . . ’ This is my biennial solo exhibition at the Boston Sculptors Gallery at 486 Harrison Ave in Boston.  This is what my studio looks like.  Eric Sealine will be exhibiting simultaneously in the back gallery.  The exhibition will be open March 12 – April 13 with a reception March 15, 5 – 8 pm.  I will be updated you all further as we get closer to the opening.


We don’t often get to see the mess and chaos of the artist’s studio.  Mine is in the last remaining, pre-Civil War shoe factory in Natick, MA where I cobble together my contraptions and flights of fancy. This is what my shop looks like in all its workaday glory.  It is packed with stuff.  Lots of stuff.  Junk and finely crafted old things; and all those things have stories: the treasures, the chards of other times, the tools, the machines, the organ pipes and the clutter . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment