My photo
For the last several years my sculptural work has become largely kinetic and interactive. It is often witty, profound and provocative. Much of it seems to exist in the realm of the unlikely. These days, my mind is in a whirl, trying to understand how to make very complicated things appear to be smooth, slow and coordinated.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

JOURNEY . . .



    Anna Casey, critic and supporter and fellow artist . . .

As a child I learned that light travels at roughly 186,000 miles per second, and sound travels at roughly 1,100 feet per second through the air. These are reference numbers that I carried with me for most of my life and I think about them a lot . . .

How much time does it take to develop a thought, or conceive of a piece of music or perfect either of them? We are not limited to considering time in seconds, minutes, hours or years . . .

David A. Lang


No comments:

Post a Comment