My photo
For the last several years my sculptural work has become largely kinetic and interactive. It is often witty, profound and provocative. Much of it seems to exist in the realm of the unlikely. These days, my mind is in a whirl, trying to understand how to make very complicated things appear to be smooth, slow and coordinated.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

LIFE LINE














This weathered and worn birdhouse came my way through a friend, Tom Belote who was cleaning his basement where he had placed it after it fell down in his yard. He thought of me doing something with it, and eventually, that I did. I have an enormous collection of prescription bottles that I have been saving since 2004 after having had a stroke. One thing led to another and then it came together yesterday. Although it is hard to see, the nails that held the front on to the gable end are all that remain at that surface. I was largely unaware of them until I was removing my hand from inside while I was arranging the bottles. Odd, that some of the meds were for Warfarin, a blood thinner. The ring of nails suddenly struck me as a crown of thorns. I'm sure there will be more revelations coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment