My photo
For the last several years my sculptural work has become largely kinetic and interactive. It is often witty, profound and provocative. Much of it seems to exist in the realm of the unlikely. These days, my mind is in a whirl, trying to understand how to make very complicated things appear to be smooth, slow and coordinated.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Apples and Oranges . . .




In the constant struggles of un-listening self-righteousness that surround us, we see this situation over and over again. I found this antique glueing clamp in New Orleans last week. Later that day, and on the table where I was eating lunch there was an orange. My grand daughter Isabela asked why I had placed the orange in the clamp. Prompted by that simple question, the answer came to me right then and there. She is nine years of age and understood perfectly, also right then and there! Thank you, Isabela.

No comments:

Post a Comment