My photo
For the last several years my sculptural work has become largely kinetic and interactive. It is often witty, profound and provocative. Much of it seems to exist in the realm of the unlikely. These days, my mind is in a whirl, trying to understand how to make very complicated things appear to be smooth, slow and coordinated.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

I coulda had a V8 . . .




This is a new kinetic work that I have been toiling over since June of this year. It is a V7, and I believe the only one of its kind. At first glance it looks like a V8, but has only 7 cylinders, each one being transparent so you can see the actual pistons that are made of Campbell's Tomato juice cans move up and down. The wheels are made of plexiglass so you can see through them as well. Each cylinder has a spark plug and an LED which blinks at the top of each compression stroke and then each exhaust pipe lights in sequence at the proper time. My brother Bob has been fielding multiple calls each day as we thrash out the details. In fact, it has become a collaborative work . . . Ya' just never know what may come out of that studio in Natick, especially me !


No comments:

Post a Comment