My photo
For the last several years my sculptural work has become largely kinetic and interactive. It is often witty, profound and provocative. Much of it seems to exist in the realm of the unlikely. These days, my mind is in a whirl, trying to understand how to make very complicated things appear to be smooth, slow and coordinated.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Horse Play . . .


This is a bit of a quiet time between exhibitions.  As I am preparing work for a show at University of New Hampshire this coming January, I am having the  time to reconsider, clean and document work for that show.  Of course each time I do this I see new things in the work.  Most often when I am examining work from several years ago, I feel like I had little to do with their construction, sensing that mostly I was kind of there when they came into 
existence.  Such is the case with this image.  

Building new work is often confusing and challenging, but seeing "Horse Play"  standing proudly on its own seems to provide clarity and guidance.  



No comments:

Post a Comment