My photo
For the last several years my sculptural work has become largely kinetic and interactive. It is often witty, profound and provocative. Much of it seems to exist in the realm of the unlikely. These days, my mind is in a whirl, trying to understand how to make very complicated things appear to be smooth, slow and coordinated.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Stand-off


When I was in New Orleans last week visiting two of my grandchildren, I was introduced to two remarkable people, Margaret and Bill Porche who live in Kenner, just off Lake Pontchartrain. 
They are terrific grandparents to two great kids who have been exposed to a rich blend or fantasy and reality, including Lionel trains, treehouses, and endless possibilities.  Bill is an artist who knows few limits ! He paints, draws, photographs, does installations and sees possibilities in everything.  Rummaging around his back yard he actually located this set of wheels from a very old perambulator.  This is what became of it . . .  Thank you, Margaret for the best bologna sandwich I've had in 60 years, and thank you, Bill for taking the time to spend together . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment